Oh Boy! It's Wednesday, which means Emma's coming! I am very excited, we started getting everything together yesterday, so all her toys are in a basket, her crate is all set up, her food and water bowls washed and ready to go, and her blankets are getting washed as we speak. We also tried to puppy proof as much as possible, which is goo. Of course, the cats decided to scent up everything we bought for the puppy, and Zeus was afraid of the dog's toy basket which made for a good laugh. But she's finally coming!!!
On another note, I started a new quilting class last night. I felt like I could really be helped by learning more, so I thought I'd try more classes. I didn't even think about it, but it' kind of worked out, seeing as how Mike has his class on Tuesdays. It's only for three more weeks, so it should be fun. I'm making a split rail patterned lap quilt. It's a useless size, but it'll be good for hanging when I get a quilt rack someday. Or a good crib sized quilt. I feel like I picked nice, solid, fall colors. To me, picking out fabrics, matching colors, etc. is the most fun part of the whole experience. It's nice to know that I have a talent for that. One of the other women in my class told me that I had done a terrific job, and that she could have used me to help pick her fabrics. Ah, at least someone in the class had liked what I did!
I'm procrastinating doing the reviews of the wedding and honeymoon. I know I should, I just have been too mentally drained to get there. For those of you who haven't seen, there's a ton of pictures posted at http://www.snapfish.com/, and the user id is: sweeney_kohler_wedding@yahoo dot com. The password is mikeandjess. Let me know what you think!
On another note, I started a new quilting class last night. I felt like I could really be helped by learning more, so I thought I'd try more classes. I didn't even think about it, but it' kind of worked out, seeing as how Mike has his class on Tuesdays. It's only for three more weeks, so it should be fun. I'm making a split rail patterned lap quilt. It's a useless size, but it'll be good for hanging when I get a quilt rack someday. Or a good crib sized quilt. I feel like I picked nice, solid, fall colors. To me, picking out fabrics, matching colors, etc. is the most fun part of the whole experience. It's nice to know that I have a talent for that. One of the other women in my class told me that I had done a terrific job, and that she could have used me to help pick her fabrics. Ah, at least someone in the class had liked what I did!
I'm procrastinating doing the reviews of the wedding and honeymoon. I know I should, I just have been too mentally drained to get there. For those of you who haven't seen, there's a ton of pictures posted at http://www.snapfish.com/, and the user id is: sweeney_kohler_wedding@yahoo dot com. The password is mikeandjess. Let me know what you think!
No comments:
Post a Comment